Diabetes is a condition wherein blood sugar levels in the body remain high as the body fails to regulate it. Blood sugar level is controlled by insulin in body. Various researches and studies have shown that Curcumin has many therapeutic properties which might have possible remedy for various diseases. Such are the different properties by which turmeric employs its medicinal properties in treating diabetes.
- Curcumin act as a natural anti-inflammatory agent that help reduce inflammation in diabetes. This occurs when the insulin producing cells are invaded by cells of the immune system (condition referred as Insulinitis).
- Curcumin works as natural antioxidants that help to improve antioxidant defense in diabetes.
- Curcumin functions as an anti-hyperglycemic agent- it lowers elevated blood sugar level and balance blood glucose and insulin levels in diabetes.
- Curcumin has cholesterol lowering properties that benefit metabolic health in diabetes by improving antioxidant defences, regulating fat metabolism and affecting intestinal absorption of cholesterol.
- Curcumin exerts anti-obesity action where it prevents fat deposition and growth of fat tissue thus aids diabesity and in loosing weight.
- Speeds up wound healing, therefore benefits in diabetic foot ulcers.
- Curcumin helps in various complications of diabetes: such as Retinopathy (reduces swelling and improves visual activity), Bone health (prevents loss of bone mineral and weakening of bones).
- Curcumin combined with piperine is found to benefit in metabolic syndrome and they reduce cholesterol levels.
Streamline’s Stream CP3 contains Curcumin & Piperine that plays a vital role in controlling Diabetes .