Can you imagine an Indian dish without turmeric (Haldi)? It forms an integral part of Indian cuisine and you will be surprised to know that according to a research done in the European Journal of Nutrition it has been proved that Curcumin (a yellow colour compound found in turmeric) may be useful for the treatment and prevention of obesity. Turmeric contains approximately 3% curcumin by weight, so a tablespoon of turmeric, which weighs 6.8 grams, contain about 0.204 gram curcumin in it.
Curcumin helps in prevention of obesity because of its following properties:
Curcumin prevents fat accumulation and hastens fat loss: Accumulation of fat in the adipose tissues or other tissues such as those of stomach and liver is characteristic of excessive weight and obesity. Curcumin can prevent fat accumulation in the adipose tissues thus hastens fat loss.
- Curcumin can accelerate diet induced weight loss: The carbohydrate fraction of curcumin is notabsorbed in the body which is helpful in fat reduction and prevention of weight gain.
- Curcumin has thermogenic action: Thermogenesis is a metabolic process that involves burning of calories in the body for energy expenditure. This process promotes the weight loss.
- Curcumin has anti-diabetic action: The risk of diabetes is one of the most common among over-weight or obese individuals. Curcumin comes in handy here as well. It is known for its efficacy in the treatment and prevention of diabetes.
- Curcumin prevents metabolic syndrome: Metabolic syndrome is another prevalent risk factor associated with obesity. Fat accumulation around abdomen causes metabolic changes that cause metabolic syndrome, i.e. the risk factors thatlead to coronary heart problems. Curcumin is an efficacious agent against metabolic syndrome as well. It lowers the cholesterol, triglyceride levels and blood sugar levels, and collectively acts against the condition.
- Curcumin reduces depression: Depression is another complication associated with obesity. Curcumin is known for its anti-depressant Curcumin increases serotonin and dopamine levels that lead to reduction of depression.
At Streamline we have Stream CP3 with the great benefits of Curcumin to control obesity and increase metabolism.